OUR 2019/2020 SEASON BEGINS SEPTEMBER 12, 2019! SIGN UP TODAY AND JOIN OUR CHESS CLUB!!
The Oakville Chess club is member-based and membership is open to the public. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced player, the Oakville Chess Club has a program suited for you.
To apply for membership, complete the membership application form here.
Cost of Membership
Regular Membership: $225 per year – Pay Online
Junior Membership (Under 18): $195 per year – Pay Online
Senior Membership (Over 65): $180 per year – Pay Online
One night pay-as-you-go fee: $15
Annual membership costs includes registration for all closed club rated tournaments (2 regular tournaments, 2 rapid tournaments and 1 blitz tournament); Rating fees for the club tournaments; Prizes for club tournaments; Chess Training at the Club; Oakville chess club online annual membership; Special Club members discounts for Outside Chess Training and Tournaments by Elevate My Chess/Oakville Chess Club.
Benefits of Membership
- One free Oakville Chess Club T-Shirt
- First Chess Step Workbook at no additional cost
- Weekly participation in club events including chess lessons, casual and competitive chess
- Regular CFC-rated club tournaments
- Opportunity to improve your game and progress from one level to another through our step graduation process and club training
- Enrollment in our online chess club at no additional costs
- Borrow books and other chess resources from the Club library
- Opportunity to win monthly prizes and periodic chess sponsorship
- Discounts on Chess camps, chess lessons and other events organized by Oakville Chess Club and Elevate My Chess
When: Every Thursday from 6:30 pm
Where: St. Luke’s Anglican Church Community Centre, 3114 Dundas Street West, Oakville ON L6M 4J3 (Note: No meeting at this location on the 3rd Thursday of each month, different location TBD)
Club Terms and Conditions
I agree to release and indemnify Oakville Chess Club, its employees and volunteers from any claims or lawsuits arising from injuries or accidents incurred by the member while participating in the club activities. I understand that Oakville Chess Club or its employees and volunteers are not responsible for any items that are lost or stolen while at the club location. The information collected as part of the registration process is for the purpose of grouping club members, collecting/processing payments, and mailing information to members ONLY and will not be sold or distributed to a third party.
There will be NO refunds after 10 days following the date of registration as a member. Prior to this date, full refund less a 5% administrative charge will be provided following a written notification by email. Oakville Chess Club have the right to cancel or modify club programs from time to time. By registering as a member, you agree to the above waiver and agree to the terms and conditions noted here.